Friday, November 14, 2008

Claire's 6 Month Check-Up

Claire had her 6 month well baby visit yesterday and everything went well. She had to get four shots to include her flu shot so that was no fun. She has to go back in a month to get the flu booster shot but Daniel will be home by then so I think I'll let him handle that one :) She's growing like a weed. Here are her stats:

Weight: 17.7 lbs
Height: 25.5 inches
Head Circumference: 42 cm

We are going to start feeding her solids more frequently (3 times a day) to see if it helps with her reflux. He also prescribed zantac to help with the reflux. He wants us back in 30 days to see how she's doing. She has a constant runny nose and cough which the doctor thinks is a result of the reflux getting into her sinus passage. After 30 days on the zantac and solid food, if she still has congestion, he wants to rule out allergies..............so I guess we'll see. She's such a happy baby, so whatever it is, it's not bothering her too much. I think it probably bothers me the most because I constantly wear spit-up and change her clothes multiple times a day. But, it's a minor problem and I'm sure she'll grow out of it eventually :)

No comments: