Claire and I decided to travel to Ft. Rucker last week to visit with our great friends Holly and Ava. Holly's husband Mark was at SERE school and Daniel was at Pathfinder school so we thought it would be a good girl week. Our first full day there, I got Claire signed up for pre-school for next fall and then we spent the day shopping and tooling around Enterprise and Dothan. After dinner that night, I noticed that Claire wasn't acting like herself and discovered she was running a fever. I gave her some Motrin and put her to bed. Holly and I stayed up late that night making the girls tutu's and appliqued shirts for a "three year old" photo shoot that we had planned. When I went to bed around 11:30, Claire was still running a high fever and she threw up when she sat up to cough. I immediately took her to the local ER. She was running a 104 degree temperature and after a nasal swab, the diagnosed her with Influenza A and sent us home four hours later with NOTHING (even though I had asked about Tamaflu). The next morning, after three hours of sleep, Claire was still running a fever so I took her to a different doctor who actually had some sense and prescribed Tamaflu, not only for Claire, but for me, Holly and Ava who had been exposed. Ava had been pretty sick the week before we got to their house so now we are wondering if she may have had the flu as well. Either way, this is what the kitchen counter looked like for the rest of the week we were there..........
I couldn't decide if we should just pack it up and go home, but I had gotten very little sleep and decided that driving 7 hours home probably wasn't the best decision. So we stayed. By Friday, Claire wasn't running a fever and was actually acting pretty normal so we decided to try out the photo shoot. Here are some pictures of Holly and I making the outfits.
This photo session lasted a whopping 15 minutes at the most. These girls only sat long enough to lick the icing off of their mini cupcakes and then they were done!
1 comment:
What a pair!! I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face :)
Dad
Post a Comment