Thursday, October 6, 2011

Craft Group

I've always liked to craft and I also like to socialize with friends, so I decided that it would be fun to put together a Craft Group.  I sent out an email to girls who I thought would be interested and the response was great!  Initially the idea was to keep the group small so that we could host out monthly meetings at each other's homes, however, word travels fast and we are now holding our monthly get togethers at the community centers on post.  They have much more table space in the community centers so it works out better.  

I hosted our first meeting in August.  Initially I wasn't planning on doing a craft that day.  It was going to be more of a "meet and greet" as well as a brainstorming session to plan upcoming month's crafts.  However, with a little help from Pinterest, I put together a quick last minute craft for everyone to do.  We made coasters out of $.17 cent bath tiles and free paint chips from Lowes.  





After our craft, it was time to get to work planning our future crafts.  We hooked the laptop up to the TV and everyone took turns showing off their favorite craft ideas on their Pinterest boards.  We ended up being able to plan through December!!!


Next on the list for September................fabric holiday bunting and dry erase menus.  Stay tuned!

No comments: