I don't usually do a whole lot of Halloween decorating and usually just stick to "fall" decor. However, the older Claire gets, the more excited she gets about all of the holidays. So, this year a put a little more effort into Halloween decorating. Combining the items that I already had with some new stuff, I spent less than $40.
I started with new Halloween pillows. I already had left over fabric from when I had the glider in Owen's nursery reupholstered. Using that fabric, some purchased screen paint, and my handy dandy Silhouette for cutting out the stencil, this was the end result. I love how they turned out!
We have a large built-in book case in our living room and I decorated it using pictures of Claire in her Halloween costumes from the past four years. Since this is Owen's first Halloween, I didn't have any of him. However, I recently took some "pumpkin" pictures of him that I will add to the shelves.
Next, is one of my favorites because of how cheap it was to make. I used and existing frame, covered the glass with burlap that I already had in my craft closet and hot glued Dollar Tree skeleton's to the frame. The skeleton's were originally on a garland that only cost $1. I cut them off of the garland and glued them individually to the frame.
Luckily my dining room is already decked out in fall colors so I just added some little pumpkins and a few glass ones that I already had.
And last but not least, I made a bat wall in our entry way. Using my Silhouette once again, I cut out the bats on black construction paper, taped them to the wall and bent the wings slightly for a 3D effect.
1 comment:
Erin! Love your home. You are so creative...wanna come to Germany?! :)
Post a Comment