Monday, August 8, 2011

DIY Chalk Board Wall

While Daniel was gone, I decided to add some fun to our living area.  I've always loved chalk board walls but I couldn't find an appropriate place to put one in our old house.  The house we are in now is a rental so we haven't wanted to paint any walls that we'll have to repaint before we leave.  However, there is a small dividing wall in our house that divides the living room from the kitchen.  It's a small wall and perfect for chalk board paint.  I wasn't sure how it would go over with Daniel so I did it while he was gone and he loves it!  It's such a small wall that it will be easy to repaint before we leave and it really adds some pizazz to our living area in the meantime.  

Here is the before picture. 

The kitchen is to the left of the wall.........

And the living room is to the right.

Here is the wall after a couple of coats of chalk board paint.

And the finished product!  Mommy gets to write at the top and Claire gets the bottom.


A picture of Claire admiring her work :)