Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bellies and Pumpkins

Things around here have been busy busy these days.  I know I say that a lot on this blog, and maybe that is just life now, but I can't seem to find time to get my blog up to date.  In the last few weeks I've had over 15 photo sessions, taken Santa Clause pictures at Hollyday Mart, my baby shower and hosted a baby shower, Claire's school activities and home activities, leadership responsibilities for our FRG, hosted a Halloween Party, Ft. Rucker Spouses Club Board responsibilities and a new little business adventure with a friend that included selling etched glass and home interior signs......................oh yeah and getting ready for a, still nameless, baby boy who will arrive in 2 weeks and 4 days.  I'm starting to think my life will be less busy after the baby comes because I will be forced to stay at home for a while.  I guess we'll see.  On a different note, my sister Juli and her family of four arrive here this afternoon for a week full of Thanksgiving fun.  We are super excited to see them and this will be the first time Daniel's meets our new nephew, Cameron.  

Some updates on Claire Bear.....   
She is such a fun little three year old these days.  She makes us laugh non-stop with the things that she says.  She is super excited about having a baby brother and I think the age spread will be beneficial because she will be a great helper.  She already talks to him and kisses my belly and says "I can't wait to meet you baby bro!"  So cute!  She sings non-stop.  My mom has always told me that she has a very good, clear singing voice for a three year old and her teachers have told me the same.  I love to listen to her sweet little voice.  They are learning so many new songs at school right now and she comes home singing them daily.  She is also expressing her independence lately which makes for some struggles but overall she's a very good little girl and I'm so thankful God gave me her.  I've had some mommy guilt lately, just thinking about having another little one that I will need my attention too.  I know Claire will adapt just fine but I have a little anxiety over being a mommy of two instead of one.  

A couple of weeks ago I was wide awake at 4:00 in the morning (happens a lot these days), and I was thinking about how our family dynamic is about to change.  The mommy guilt kicked in and I started feeling mad at myself for taking on so much right now when I should just be devoting time to Claire since it's our last few weeks as a family of three.  Daniel got up to use the restroom and came back to bed.  I felt him put his hand on my back and he left it there for a bit.  I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I just wanted to make sure you were breathing because you weren't snoring."...........another awesome side effect of pregnancy.  Anyway, at that point I burst into tears and told him that I couldn't sleep because of my mommy guilt thoughts and how I didn't know if I was ready for a second baby.  Of course he did what all husbands should do and told me that I was a good mommy and that I had nothing to worry about.  And then he quickly followed up with "Can we talk about this in a few hours when we wake up?"  Hahahaha!

Anyway, at this point I'm over the mommy guilt (for today anyway) and I'm really excited to meet our new bundle of joy!  We just need to decide on a name.

Here a few pictures from bath time a few weeks ago.  Claire and I decided to paint each other's bellies before we took a bath.  She had a blast it thought it was a really neat idea.  Oh and since I've been horrible about taking "belly pictures" this time around, maybe these will suffice for my 34 week pictures.






2 comments:

Jenae and Steven said...

Those pictures are so adorable! You are such a great mother and will be amazing with two! Have no worries :) Hopefully things wil slow down a bit for you after "Bubba" arrives....hey, you do live in the South...how about "Bubba" so he'll always remember good 'ole Enterprise, AL???!!! :) kidding

Erin said...

Thanks Jenae! I think Bubba will work. I'll let Daniel know that's the name. You're right.........it's definitely appropriate for Enterprise, AL. Miss you!