Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We've Decked the Halls.......

Or haunted them I guess is the better term. Last weekend we had great, crisp, fall weather which gave me incentive to get the fall decor out and make some holiday crafts. Daniel was gone doing ROTC stuff most of the day on Saturday, so a few of my girlfriends came over for the three C's............coffee, cinnamon rolls, and crafts. I found an idea for making ghosts online last week and we decided to try it out. They turned out so cute!
The ghost is made of felt and is draped over a tomato plant stand. There are Christmas lights underneath so it glows at night.
The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. Saturday afternoon we had a neighborhood cookout. It was really chilly so we bundled up, lit a fire in the chiminea, and drank red wine to keep warm. The kids had fun playing in the culdisac and painting miniature pumpkins. Sunday, Daniel went mountain bike riding with a couple of other guys in the neighborhood and I went next door and had breakfast with Wendy and let the girls play. When the guys got home we made them a big breakfast spread. The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and cleaning house. When Claire went down for a nap, Daniel studied for a test and I went for a run. All in all it was a good weekend. Here are some pictures of our Halloween decor.

No comments: