Monday, November 9, 2009

Clarksville Half Marathon

On Saturday morning, I ran the Clarksville Half Marathon with some of my girlfriends. The weather could not have been better for the 13.1 mile trek. The temperature was about 50 degrees at the start and about 60 degrees at the finish. It was a bit windy, but minus that, it was perfect. I finished the race in 2:07:01. I was hoping for 2:05 but I told myself that I would be happy with anything under 2:10. Tennesse is definitely known for it's rolling hills and that was no exception for this course. There were a couple of really hilly parts. I finished #356 overall out 884 runners. I was #123 out of 457 female runners.




This was just as we passed through the start line. Notice everyone checking their watches. That's me in black and my friend Kat ahead of me in the blue shirt.


Here's a picture of Kat about mid way through. She smoked the run and finished at 1:49:56. Great job Kat!!!


Here is a picture of Amy about mid way through the run. Amy and I grew up in the same home town in Texas and have known eachother since we were about 7 years old. She and I trained together for this run. It was nice to have someone to hold me accountable.

That's me in pink about to cross the finish line. Daniel and Claire were waiting for me at the finish line!!!


I might be smiling but I was hurting!!


Post race picture. Amy, me and Kat.

No comments: