Monday, December 14, 2009

More Christmas Crafts

I'm really into Christmas this year and I'm sure it's for a few reasons. For one, Claire is old enough to have fun with it this year. She loves Santa and says "ho, ho, ho" when you ask her what he says. Yesterday we were at the mall and every time we passed by Santa she waved and said "Hi." He noticed her every time and waved back which Claire thought was the best thing ever! Another reason I think I'm so in to Christmas this year is that it's the first time in two years that I've actually gotten to decorate. Last year Daniel had just gotten home from Afghanistan and we were headed to Texas for the holiday so I didn't bother. Also, there are so many cute ideas out there that I simply can't reel myself in. I want to make them ALL!!
This past weekend, I found an idea from this blog that I follow. It's a neat way to make an advent calendar. Potterybarn sells the bulletin board for $149 but my handy dandy hubby made it for me for about $15. I cut out the tags and numbers and used push pins to attach the ornaments to the board. I love how it turned out and I know I will use it for all kinds of things throughout the year. Daniel now has a couple of orders to fill for friends but I promised him that I'm finished with holiday crafts..............hopefully I can keep my promise ;-)
Here is the Potterybarn advertisement......


And here is my finished product......




I also made some tags for our stockings this weekend. Here's what they look like.


For those of you who think that Daniel and I have a secret to share, the fourth stocking is for Daniel's father Paul. Not for a "Pea" in the pod.
Lastly, I framed our Christmas pictures and put them on display. I was really pleased with how they turned out this year.
Christmas cards have been mailed, gifts have been wrapped, and now it's just time to sit back and enjoy the holiday. Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Legaspi Family said...

very creative. I love it!

Soojung Jo said...

Questions:
Where do you find the time?
Where do you find the energy?
As always, I'm impressed!