Another project I took on while Daniel was at SERE school was making fabric bunting. I've seen all types of bunting on blogs lately and I just think it looks so fun and festive. It makes me happy! So I decided to get out my sewing machine and try to make some myself. It turned out to be super easy and I plan on making more for different occasions/holidays. As a matter of fact, I just started a craft group of about 10 ladies that meet once a month. At our last craft group meeting, we decided to make bunting for Halloween and Thanksgiving at our September meeting. Here is my first attempt at bunting.
Supplies.....
Cut the fabric into the shape you want and sew the two pieces together inside out.
The next step was to iron and then pin on the bias tape before sewing it all together.
The finished product. My fireplace is so dark that I think the bunting really lightens it up and makes it cheerful!
1 comment:
Your craft group sounds great! Can't wait to see what you all create!
Post a Comment