Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Owen Is 1 Month Old!

Wow how time flies.  I know this post is out of order but I'll get back to the Christmas post tomorrow.  I didn't want to miss Owen's big milestone.  :)  He is such a sweet baby boy.  In his first month he is doing really well.  I have to say, one of my major stresses this time around was breast feeding.  After having trouble with Claire and ultimately getting a serious breast infection, I had some serious anxiety about how things would go with Owen.  I have to say, he is doing great and things have gone off without a hitch in that department.  Owen came home from the hospital weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz.  At his two day appointment he was up to 7 lbs. 8oz. and by his two week appointment he was 8 lbs. 8oz.

Sleeping is another thing.  Although he is sleeping as expected, waking up every 3 hours or so, I forgot how hard the sleep deprivation is.  Now that he is almost five weeks, my body is starting to adjust but it's still hard for sure.  However, I'm lucky that he wakes up, eats, and goes straight back to sleep most of the time.  

We've gotten a few smiles from Owen.  However, I'm not sure if he is smiling because he loves me so much or if it's just gas.  I'm kinda of guessing it's the latter.  

Owen is a strong baby, as was his big sister.  He has very strong legs and consistently rolls over from his belly to his back which started at two weeks.  He holds his head up very well when he's on his belly as well.

Claire is adapting to having another little one in the house.  She asks to hold him at least once a day which tells me she's at least a little interested.  She has had some out of character temper tantrums but hopefully those will subside as we get used to our family of four.  

Here is a picture of our 1 month old!!

1 comment:

Jenae and Steven said...

wow! rolling at 2 weeks...that's awesome! can't wait to meet him!