Thursday, February 2, 2012

A bit about Claire....

Where to begin.  I love this little girl more than I will ever be able to express in words.  If I were to describe Claire's personality in one word, I would say she is the most caring 3 year old I know.  She always tells me how pretty I look and how much she loves me.  She always seems genuinely interested in what I have to say by replying with "Oh that's nice mommy." or "Oh that's really neat!"  I love her energy (most days) and her curiosity.  She is very nurturing and takes care of all of her babies (stuffed animals) in a way that other mothers could learn from.  She talks sweetly to them, encourages them and puts them to bed with a kiss and a hug.  Speaking of kisses and hugs, Claire doesn't skimp.  In fact, if I leave to go somewhere without her or drop her off at school, she usually insists on at least two of each.  

Claire is much "girlier" than I ever was growing up.  She loves to brush her hair, dress up in pretty dresses and play with make-up.  A few days ago, we were in the dressing room and I was trying on clothes.  Claire was very interested in my picks and let me know if she liked it or not.  One comment she made was on a tank top that I tried on.  Not only did she tell me that it was so pretty but she went further to let me know how much she liked the "ruffle" at the bottom.  She definitely pays attention to details.

Claire had a rough few weeks after the baby came home.  Things were all out of whack and she wasn't getting as much attention from me as usual.  However, I can say she has definitely adjusted and is such a sweet big sister.  When Owen cries she attempts to pacify him by rubbing his head and talking to him.  She tells me to "hurry" because he's hungry.  She helps me bathe him and picks out his clothes.  I can't wait to see the two of them interact when he gets older.

Claire does great at school.  Her teachers tell me all the time about how polite she is.  She uses her manners (most of the time) and has a very outgoing personality.  She makes friends everywhere we go whether at the park, at school or even Hobby Lobby.  If there is another child around, she has no problem going right up to them and introducing herself.

Claire LOVES to sing.  She sings constantly and has been making songs up lately as well.  She uses the same melodies to her favorite songs but changes the words to go with what she is doing or thinking about.........very creative.  She also loves to dance and is quite good at it even though she hasn't had and dance classes yet.  I plan on signing her up when we move to our new home this summer.

Claire is also very active and loves to play outside more than inside.  She rides her bike while I run and goes the full 3 miles with me on her bike.  She loves to swing on her swing set and asks us to push her specifically so she can practice jumping out of the swing.  She's so much fun!

I hope when Claire reads this late in life, she knows how much mommy and daddy love her and how proud of her we are.  We couldn't have asked for a sweeter, kinder, or funnier little girl.



 



No comments: