Friday, September 21, 2012

A Cheap Art Wall Project

I've been trying to think of a way to display the kid's artwork in the house without it looking to cluttered and messy.  We have really tall ceilings in our new house so I wanted to fill the space of one of the walls in our office with artwork.  I came across this Pinterest idea and used it as inspiration for my own wall.

Of course, then it was time to put the hubby to work.  Daniel is such a good sport when it comes to helping me with home improvement/decorating projects.  I love that man!

We purchased pre-cut/pre-primed 8' boards at Lowes.  Daniel drilled holes about 16" apart on each of the three boards so that I could install silver, decorative knobs.  




Cute baby boy! 

I also purchased 9 yards of fabric to make ceiling height curtains on the wall opposite of our window.  It helped to add color to the space and it made the room feel much bigger.  It also softened the space.



Meanwhile, Owen got dressed up by his sister.


Then it was time to hang the boards.  We hung them high and spaced them about 18" apart on the wall.  To finish the project, I purchased pants hangers at Walmart to hang the art work on the knobs.  Claire helped and was so excited to see her pictures/paintings on display.  The room isn't quite finished but it's almost there.



No comments: