Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving........

Well, Thanksgiving didn't go as well as planned this year. Claire and I flew into Houston on Wednesday morning and I was fighting a bad cold. I felt feverish on Tuesday night and had to get up at 5:00 a.m. to catch our flight in Nashville at 8:30. The flight itself wasn't too bad but as we started to descend my ears started hurting so bad. I never have problems with my ears on planes but this time was horrible. By the time we landed I couldn't hear out of my right ear. Mom picked us up and we headed to Lake Jackson. Wednesday night my friend Karla came in from Austin to spend the holiday with my family. We celebrated my birthday on Wednesday night and my mom arranged for some of my friends to come over and we had homemade pizza and cake. We went to bed early (around 10:00) and at 2:00 a.m. Claire woke up throwing up. She threw up or dry heaved for the next 5 hours and didn't feel too great on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving dinner was nice. Mom made Cornish hens and a lot of yummy sides. I was still feeling pretty cruddy from the cold but it was nothing compared to what was to come. Friday morning my mom, Karla, Claire and I headed to Houston to do some shopping. I started feeling nauseous during the drive and decided I wasn't going to be able to make it. We turned around to go home and had to pull over on the way because I started throwing up. I was sick all day on Friday and five hours into my stomach flu, my dad started getting sick. My mom kept Claire all day Friday and Friday night. Karla went home Friday night but she too came down with the stomach bug that night. Saturday morning I woke up and went to check on Claire and my mom and my mom was starting to feel bad. She stayed in bed most of the day on Saturday. Needless to say, what ever bug Claire brought with her, it successfully took down the house!! My sister Juli and niece Tanner were also sick. Both of them had double ear infections. To top off the holiday, on our flight back Sunday morning, Claire screamed the entire 2 hours. Her ears must have been really hurting. That was her 6th flight and she's never had a problem before so yesterday I took her and myself to the doctor. Claire is fine and doesn't have an ear infection as I suspected and I have a throat infection and am on antibiotics. Wow what a holiday!!! We're hoping Christmas turns out better.


Karla with Claire.


Fallon and Brandon's new baby Logan.





Claire loves my dad's beard. She was so cute rubbing her face all over it. My dad probably regrets letting her do that after he came down with the stomach flu too :)


Playing in the Moses basket.



Thanksgiving outfit. I brought tights to go with it but it turned out to be 80 degrees that day so we decided to barefoot instead.



Clinton with Claire.


Check out those thighs :-)



Mom and Tanner.


The cousins. We were missing Sofia because Haley and Jason went to visit Jason't family in New Mexico but we will have all of them together at Christmas.







My Aunt Linda bought these cowgirl pj's for Claire and she now fits into them. Thanks Aunt Linda!! They are really cute!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love all of the new pics! My faves are the one with all of the cousins, Fall outfit and the Cow girl pj's. Claire is getting so big! I can't wait to see her (and you too) on Saturday!!!

Holly L.