Monday, February 16, 2009

Sweetheart 5k Run

I mentioned a few posts ago that Daniel and ran in a "Sweetheart 5k" last weekend. It was partly sponsored by the Austin Peay State University ROTC so Daniel got to run free of charge. One of the colonels in charge of the ROTC program came and took pictures of everyone as the crossed the finish line. He printed them off and gave them to Daniel which was very nice of him. I scanned some in so I could post them. The quality is not great but you get the picture!

Speaking of ROTC, Daniel is really enjoying being a full time college student..............well as much as you can enjoy school. It's a nice change from the regular Army. He goes to school all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays and only has to go in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings for PT.
Almost to the finish line!! It was really windy so we had to keep the cover down over Claire. She was a trooper though, and giggled most of the way.

Colonel Lane with Claire
Some of the other cadets who ran the race.

No comments: