Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

Happy belated Valentine's Day everyone! Our celebrations were very low key this year which was nice. Daniel and I had planned on using Friday afternoon to celebrate while Claire was at daycare. However, Claire has been sick so we kept her home on Friday. She missed her Valentine's Day party at daycare and ended up tagging along with us on our date. Our original plans were to go get sushi at our favorite sushi restaurant and then to go to the spa. However, since Claire wasn't feeling well, we went for sushi and then took Claire to the doctor. As it turns out, Claire has an ear infection once again. This is her third in a little over four months.........poor baby!! In addition to the ear infection, we think she has a virus that is going around at daycare because she's had a couple of episodes of throwing up and diarrhea. On top of all of those ailments, she is also teething which I think is bothering her the most. Her upper gums look so swollen and you can she three little white bumps where teeth are trying to pop through. I don't understand why God didn't allow us to be born with teeth. I guess that's easy for me to say since I didn't breast feed but this teething thing is no fun!

On Saturday, Claire seemed to be feeling a bit better. We got up early and headed to our favorite breakfast spot in Nashville called Monell's. It's the best, all you can eat, southern breakfast in town. After that we went shopping in Nashville and then headed home early. Oh yeah I almost forgot about gifts. Daniel gave me an ipod shuffle to use while I run. I was really excited about it!!! I gave him a new wedding band. On New Year's Eve he lost his at the Music City Bowl Game. Claire got a bunch of books!!! Here are a few pictures from Friday and Saturday.


Claire loved her chopsticks at the sushi restaurant.



Thank you for the Valentine's Day card Gigi and Gpaw!!


Thank you for the Valentine's Day card Nana and Grandpa Bob

No comments: