Things have been busy lately in the Hubert house. I feel like I'm playing catch up with my pictures and blogging so this post will be a summary of the past couple of weeks. Claire and I have spent most of our days outside either playing in the pool or doing yard work and planting. Most days Claire ends up in her swimsuit cover-up and she's starting to have a nice tan.
Two weekends ago, Daniel was in the field so I used the opportunity to have a girl's evening. A few of my girlfriends came over for food and drinks.
They stayed until 12:30 which is about four hours past my bedtime. Luckily Claire slept in which was a nice treat.
Now that I'm home during the week, I've been seeing more of my friends who also stay at home with their babies. Jenae has come over a couple of times and we go running together in the neighborhood. Claire loves to see "baby James" and it's fun to see her interact with him.
From the looks of it I think James likes to see Claire too!!
Last weekend we spent most of our time in the yard planting flowers and mulching. I haven't taken any pictures of the yard this year but I'll try to remember to do that soon. While I did most of the planting, Wendy helped entertain the kids.
While I worked in the flower beds, Daniel helped Truk with his latest project............a swing set. Truk has been working on this for a couple of weeks and Daniel helps out when he can. It's really nice and I can't wait to see it all finished.
On a random note, Claire's hair is getting really long and she wakes up with some serious bed head these days.
Last in this hodge podge of pictures, my friend Mary celebrated another year around the sun this week. Her husband Keith was out of town so we had her and Sofia over for dinner. Happy Birthday Mary!
So that just about sums up our past couple of weeks. One thing that I didn't mention was that Daniel and I attended the APSU ROTC Ball this past Saturday. Wendy took pictures of us but I haven't gotten them from her yet. When I do I'll try to post them. We had a good time and it was nice to have an evening out together.
Another bit of exciting news is that Daniel was selected to be the APSU ROTC Battalion Commander. For those of you who are not familiar with military rank, basically that means he will be the highest ranking cadet at APSU which will keep him really busy during his last semester. He was selected based on a peer vote and officer leadership input. I am very proud of him and his hard work.
2 comments:
I love all of the new pics! I can't wait to see you all in June!!!!
She looks at least 6 inches taller than when I last her.
Post a Comment