Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Claire's 4th Birthday Party

Claire's 4th birthday party ended up being an outdoor water slide party.  I originally contemplated have a pony riding party on post at the horse stables.  However, the more I thought about it, the more I dreaded being out there in the heat with stinky horses.  Claire agreed and was super excited about a water party in her own back yard.  We had a bigger party than last year.  Claire's third birthday was only a couple of weeks after we moved to Alabama last year so we only knew a couple of kids to invite.  This year we invited all of the kids in Claire's pre-school class along with some others.  We ended up with about 12-15 kids which was a perfect size for the event.  This year I made Claire's birthday cake.  I am the worlds worst cake decorator but I did my best and Claire loved it.  Claire was so exhausted after the a full day of water slide fun the day before, that she ended up catching a quick nap right before our guests arrived.  After that, she had all kinds of energy and really had a good time.



Nana took care of Owen during the party which was a big help to me.













I put some ice cream toppings on the table for the kids to add as toppings.  However, they thought it was a much better idea to add the toppings to the cake.  Looking at this picture makes my teeth hurt!






No comments: