Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween.......Lorax Style!

This year Claire insisted that she wanted to be the Lorax for Halloween.  I knew that I would have to make the costume so I started brainstorming early and found some great materials at Hobby Lobby.  I sewed orange boa to cover an entire shirt and leggings to make the Lorax body.  Then I used yellow feathers that I found in the hair accessories isle to make her mustache and eye brows.  It took me a full week of sewing at night after Owen went to bed and we are still picking up orange feathers, but the costume turned out great.  Claire was super excited about it.  To complete the Lorax theme, I made Daniel and I truffula tree costumes and found Owen a bear costume so that he could be a barbaloot.  It was fun getting dressed up as a family and it will be hard to out-do next year.

The Saturday before Halloween, Daniel's unit hosted a trunk or treat.  These are pictures from that event.
























No comments: