Sunday, November 11, 2012

Winter Military Ball

This year, Daniel's unit hosted a winter military ball at the Camino Real Hotel in downtown El Paso.  It's always fun to get dressed up for and event.  I remember hating military balls when I was in the Army because I always had to wear my uniform and was jealous of all of the girls in their pretty gowns.  Now I really look forward to going and it's a nice date night for me and Daniel.  My friend Melissa came over early to help me with my hair and watched the kiddos while we finished getting ready.  She also babysat for us while we were gone.  We had a really good time with friends and the night ended with some fun dancing.






A tradition in the Army is to make a drink called the "grog".  It's a combination of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and a bunch of other disgusting, non-edible items.  This grog was made complete with some dirt and a sweaty PT shirt.  It was gross but Daniel finished his glass.  This is a picture of the residue left at the bottom of his glass.  Icky!!










No comments: