Saturday was a fun filled day for the Hubert family. Saturday morning I got up early (5:45 to be exact) to meet my friend Amy for an 8 mile "fun run." We met up with the
Clarksville running club at a trail that used to be an old railroad track. It was a great place for a run. The trail was flat and shaded and the scenery was really nice and included a handful of wooden bridges that we got to run over. I have to say, I haven't run more than four miles at a time in a really long time and going from 4 to 8 was a big jump but I made it. I really wanted to stop around mile 6 but I kept running............mainly because Amy kept running :-) Thanks for pushing me Amy! We finished at exactly an hour and twenty minutes which equals out to a 10 minute mile pace. Not too bad for my first long run in a really long time but I definitely have some work to do before the half marathon.
After the run I went home, had breakfast and the headed out with Daniel and Claire to the zoo in Nashville. It was such a nice weekend here that we enjoyed being outside. Claire liked the zoo but her attention span is about and hour and a half long so we didn't see the entire zoo. I wasn't disappointed though because my legs felt like jello. We finished the evening off with hamburgers at home. All in all it was a good day.

Daddy and Claire Bear watching the parrots.

I think she looks so grown up with her N
ike tennis shoes on.

A lady with her stroller graciously moved out of the way so we had a place to stand and see the animals. I said "thank you" and Claire also said "tank you." Her vocabulary is increasing every day. When we saw the big tigers I said "look at the big cat Claire." And she said "meow!!!"
Soooo cute!

Claire loved the aquariums.

The petting zoo.

"I want down
mamma!"

"
Ok."
1 comment:
Whatever, I was struggling those last 2 miles, too! LOL!!!
Post a Comment