Introducing...........
Owen Daniel Hubert
December 8th at 7:05 a.m.
7 lbs. 14 oz.
20.5 inches
Just a quick warning........this is a really long post with some graphic pictures.
Our morning started bright and early at 4:00 a.m. Because I was having surgery, I had to get up and take a shower with special soap before heading to the hospital. We arrived at Flowers Hospital in Dothan, AL at 5:00 a.m. for my scheduled c-section. After getting paperwork complete, we headed to the labor and delivery floor to start the process. They quickly got me into a bed and started an IV of fluids and antibiotics as preparation for surgery. By 6:45 I was being wheeled to the operating room. Gigi (my mom) arrived the night before so she stayed with Claire that morning until my friend Erin arrived to get her ready and take her to school. Mom was able to make it to the hospital just as they were taking me back to the operating room. She waved at me through the window as I was being prepped for my spinal. I was so glad she was able to be there this time. Although this delivery was scheduled and less "eventful" than Claire's delivery, I was still super nervous, probably because I had time to think about the actual surgery unlike last time. After they got my anesthesia working, Daniel was able to come back to the operating room before the surgery started. It was so nice to be able to share the birth of our baby boy.
Waiting to be taken to the OR.
Daniel snapped this picture right as Dr. Gilchrist pulled Owen's head out.
Definitely a boy!
A first glimpse of our baby. He had such a loud, strong cry and Daniel and I both teared up at the sound.
Daniel showed me pictures that he took of Owen on his iPhone while I was in recovery.
Our first time to hold Owen came about 20 minutes after I got to the recovery room. We were so happy to see him.
Gigi's first time to hold her 7th grand baby!
My friend Holly picked Claire up from school and brought her straight to the hospital to meet her new baby brother. We surprised her with "Big Sister" party complete with presents and cake. We gave her a Baby Alive doll that eats, drinks, pees and poops so she could take care of her baby like mommy takes care of Owen.
Claire was so excited to see Owen. She immediately wanted to hold him and she did such a good job.
My friend Holly made Claire's "Big Sister" shirt and she was next in line, after Claire, to hold the new addition.
Claire's best friend Ava gave Claire a new barbie for her big sister party.
No comments:
Post a Comment