So I have to admit that I'm a little behind on blogging about Owen. With the move and everything else going on in life, I've neglected to give frequent updates about Owen's development, personality and all the other cute stuff in between. I was so good about it with Claire and everyone told me that it wouldn't be as easy with the second one. I swore up and down that I would be just as good about keeping up with documenting Owen's life, however, life happened and I just haven't been as good about it. So, without further delay, here is an update on my sweet, sweet Owen.
He is now 8.5 months old and is such a fun baby! He started pulling up on furniture right around the time we were leaving Fort Rucker (7 months old). At that time, he had also figured out how to get up on all fours and rock back and forth so we knew that crawling was just around the corner. I was secretly hoping that the crawling would hold off until the moving and unpacking was over. A stationary baby would have been a little easier with the unpacking. However, the day we arrived at our new house in El Paso, I sat him down in our new bedroom. Claire was in the room with him and I stepped out briefly only to hear Claire's excited scream........."Mommy, mommy hurry come see Owen! He's crawling!" Sure enough, somewhere between Alabama and Texas he had figured it out. We were so excited to see him on the move but it definitely made unpacking a bit of a challenge.
Since then, Owen has started walking around furniture while holding on. He gets around pretty well as long as he has something to hold on to. He has also started pushing things. The other day, Daniel and I were having a conversation in the kitchen and looked over to find that Owen had pushed one of the bar stools from the kitchen to the back door while walking behind. It won't be long before he's walking unassisted!
In addition to his new moves, he has also cut two teeth! The bottom, middle two teeth popped through at the same time and he was a pretty fussy little boy for a couple of days. He drools constantly so I'm sure more will be coming shortly.
Our one big challenge with Owen right now is that he is having some serious separation anxiety. As long as I'm in the room he will go to anyone. However, if I'm not around he has a complete meltdown. We get called out of church EVERY Sunday to get him from the nursery because he can't stop crying. As soon as I pick him up he's all better. I really hope this phase passes before Daniel deploys or it will be a long 9 months for me.
Owen is the best little boy we could have dreamed to have and we are very lucky to be his parents. He makes us smile every day. We love you Owen.
No comments:
Post a Comment