Friday, March 5, 2010

Bedroom Progress

We are slowly but surely getting the guest bedroom accessorized.  If you recall, here is the picture of the room that I posted on Monday. 


Since then, our lamps arrived and we got them hung on the wall on Tuesday.  They are exactly what I was looing for and I love how they look on the wall.  Right now the cords are exposed but once my log side tables are finished, they will hide the cords.  I also found some rusty colored pillows at TJ Maxx that I think go well in the room.  Here is a picture of the room, now that the lamps are in place.


Claire was showing off her summersaults in the picture for all of you!! Hahaha! 

I also found some accessories for my new table.  I found a cute little bird tea light holder at Hobby Lobby for $2 and I stumbled across an antique white pitcher at a local thrift/antique store while shopping with some friends yesterday.  I forgot to take a picture of the wall across from the bed but you can see a glimpse of it in the second picture below.  The gold frames were purchased at Hobby Lobby for $10 on clearance and I found two white plates at TJ Maxx for $2 each to hang in the frames. 


The framed art between the two gold frames was finished with some help from Daniel.  Last year I bought two framed ferns from Target to hang in our bedroom.  They looked like this....



I never really liked them once I got them on the wall but just left them because I didn't have a better idea at the time.  Then I came across and idea to use wooden discs as art at Ashley Ann's blog.  Look at her faux fireplace that she and her husband built in their living room.  I think it's so neat!  So we used her idea and pulled the ferns out of the frames and filled the frames with wooden discs that Daniel cut for me using some firewood that we had in the garage.  Here is an up close of the new art.  I think it goes well with our rustic theme.


After taking the frames down I needed something to replace them in our bedroom.  Although not very creative, I framed some black and white wedding pictures in frames that I already had.  I think they make a bold statement and they will do for now.


And of course I have to close with some pictures of my cutie pie.  Her latest accomplishment is saying her name when you ask her.  When we say "what is your name?" she replies "tear bear" which is her version of Claire Bear.  We think it's really cute that she thinks her middle name is Bear.


5 comments:

Jenae and Steven said...

your bedroom looks seriously amazing! It looks like it's right out of PB catgalog! I'm so envious of your decorating skills. When we buy our next house, can i hire you to help me decorate?? I'm so serious! I'll fly you out from wherever you're living...please!

Erin said...

Jenae you're so sweet! Thank you for the complement. It's more of a hobby than anything so of course I would love to decorate your house! However, I think you do a fantastic job by yourself. I'll see you at the gym in a little bit!

Soojung Jo said...

OK, if you have that room done by July, I might have to sleep in it. Don't worry, I'll let the kids sleep in Claire's room :).

ps you're not invited to decorate at my house. 1. You'd make me look so bad, and 2. I enjoy watching other people's decor mature, while mine stays in perpetual adolescence. =:o

Amy said...

Looks great, Erin! You have done such a great job with that room. I love it. And Claire IS a cutie pie! I can't wait to get the girls together to play, hopefully soon! WHen you ask Allyson her name, she says "Aya"...she doesn't quite have her talking skills down yet, haha!

Erin said...

Raina, if that room isn't done by July I give up! I really hope that you and the kids get to stay with us. And, don't pretend that you're not crafty.........I've seen your work and it's great. The fact that you even find time to decorate with a family of 7 and a full time job is amazing in itself.

Amy, I'm calling you this weekend to schedule a playdate/get together. We keep saying it and we need to just make it happen.........maybe next weekend????