This weekend was pretty low key. Friday night we made a trip to Lowes for some items that we needed to finish the guest bedroom wall. We also bought some molding that I needed to make a frame for a wall map that I am going to use to document our travels. More to follow on that project. I think we are at home improvement stores more than any other store. So much so that Claire knows exactly where we're going when we pull into the parking lot. When we pull into Lowe's she immediately says "book mommy" because she knows that there are books as soon as you walk in the door. We usually give her one to pacify her while we shop. When we pull into Home Depot she says "Mimi Mouse" (Micky Mouse) because they have paint chips in the shape of Micky Mouse for the Disney Collection of paint colors. It's so funny that she deciphers between the two stores. Anyway, we didn't do much at all on Friday night. Saturday we tackled grocery shopping which was extremely painful with Claire. She doesn't want to stay in the cart anymore and gets mad when you tell her she can't get down. We've always grocery shopped as a family on the weekends but it's starting to look like those days are limited. I told Daniel I was going by myself next time. We did a little work on the wall in the guest bedroom on Saturday but spent most of our time doing laundry and household chores. When Claire went down for a nap we did the same. Saturday night we had some friends over for food and drinks. I'm terrible about remembering to take pictures so all I have to show for the evening is this precious picture of Steven and Jenae's son, James. He is such a sweetie.
Claire had fun seeing James and playing with Sofia and the adults enjoyed good food and conversation. Everyone left by 11:30 or so which was much later than we normally stay up. Sunday we got up and hit the ground running. We were determined to get the guest bedroom in "livable" condition since Daniel's family is coming in next weekend. We finished the wall and got the furniture back in the room. However, the room is very plain since we haven't had time to hang anything on the walls or put any window treatments up yet. Our lights should be here tomorrow and I am still waiting for my logs to dry out so I can sand and seal them. So we still have a lot to do but we're getting there. Here is what the room looks like now.
As you can see it's livable but still needs quite a bit of accesorizing. I'm hoping to bring in some pops of color here and there as well.
While Daniel and I finished up the room, Claire did this.....
Yes, that would be a princess shirt over her polka dot pj's with a diaper on top of everything. She wanted all of that on and brought every single piece to me and demaded that I put it on her. Then she stood in our bedroom, ate her gold fish and watched Finding Nemo and was as happy as she could be.
In between bites she did this.......
We finished up working on the guest room around noon and then took Claire out for ice cream and to browse at Toys R Us. I sometimes think that Daniel and I have more fun in that store than Claire does. We really had a nice family day. Daniel and I got in bed last night and commented on what a great day it was. Claire brings so much joy to our world!








4 comments:
We LOVE the bedroom. We spend every weekend at Home Depot or Lowe's also. Can you come and add accessories to our house? We can do home improvement stuff all day long, but I need to learn how to "stage" the room. Looks good. The pics of Claire are priceless.
Love all of your home improvments and love Claire's choice of outfits! The girls are at such a fun age right now. Where did you get the guest bedroom comforter? It is just what I have been looking for for our bedroom.
Thanks Holly and Meredith! Meredith, I would love to come accessorize your house :) I wish we lived closer. Hopefully one day I will be back in Texas! I follow your blog too and it looks like your house is beautiful.....I'm not sure you need any help at all. Congrats on your pregnancy......hope you're feeling well.
that's great Erin! totally something Zoe would do! How funny. Next time you get a free moment, please come decorate my house :) I'll even trade massage for your time and talents. The finished picture of that room looks awesome! Like, out of a magazine! I'm totally not brave enough to put wood on my walls tho.
Post a Comment