I've been obsesses with The Organic Bloom frames since I first saw them in a photographer's studio in the swanky town of Seaside, FL. However, when I asked her how much the large 16x20 frame was she replied with "$400"!!! What???? So I went on a hunt for the distributor of the frames. I finally found The Organic Blooms website. You have to have a photography business to purchase from them so I quickly registered my photography business and ordered the paint samples. The frames were much more reasonable to purchase wholesale but they were still well over what I wanted to spend on frames. Luckily I have a handy husband who enjoys woodworking and I asked him if he could make some for me.
I drew the designs on poster board and he transferred my design to the wood and went to work. The end result was amazing. I'm so happy with them. We were able to cut all four frames out of one $33 piece of MDF. We bought the $3 paint samples at Lowes which was plenty of paint. So our total cost was less than $50 for four beautiful frames. I'm so happy with how they turned out.
I had the pictures mounted on styrene so that I wouldn't need glass in the frames. Here are some pictures of the frames and my sexy husband at work!!
No comments:
Post a Comment