Sunday, March 4, 2012

Last Minute Trip To Texas

A couple of weeks ago Daniel finished his last phase of flight school before entering the advanced airframe phase.  He ended up having a few weeks between phases and was able to take his paternity leave that he didn't take after Owen was born.  We made a very last minute decision to drive to Texas to see my family.  My dad just got home in January after being in Saudi Arabia for a year and a half.  He hadn't seen Owen yet so we decided to make the trip.  Since it was our first long road trip with two kiddos, we decided to break up the trip and stayed overnight in Baton Rouge.  Claire loves to stay in hotels so it was a special treat for her.  It was a low key visit which is exactly what we wanted.  My sister Juli and her family came in for a couple of days too and it was good to see the McDougals.  Here are a few pictures from the trip.

G-Paw holding Owen for the first time.


I never have any pictures of myself with Owen since I'm always the one doing the picture taking.  However, every time I'm around my mom she takes the opportunity to snap some of me with my kiddos.



Claire and I raced roller racers down the driveway and she beat me every time.


The photo finish!

 My mom got out some sheet music and played us some music.  When I see my mom play the piano it brings back great childhood memories.  Claire had fun playing with Gigi.





Tanner got to hold Owen for the first time too!

I love Owen's face in this pictures.  It looks like he's saying "Someone please save me!"


No comments: