Some of my friends have looked at me kind of funny when I mention that we are basically laying hardwood floors on our wall in the guest room so I thought I'd give you a visual. When I was on the search for inspiration for my fabric headboard, I came across this picture in Potterybarn that I absolutely love. The first thing I noticed was the wooden wall........isn't it georgeous?
A few weeks later, on one of the blogs that I follow, Katie and her husband from Bower Power constructed this wooden wall in their little boy's nursery. They used re-puposed wood from shipping pallets. I love the texture that it brings to the room.
These wooden walls are popping up every where I tell ya! Perhaps my favorite inspiration photo came from another blog, Made2Create. She and her husband are not only creative but very thrifty. I love all of the different materials that they use in the room. Check out that metal headboard!
Not only do I love the wooden wall that they made out of re-purposed fencing but I also love the side tables that they made out of tree trunks. My mom and dad's first side tables were tree trunks just like this that they found on the side of the road. I like them for many reasons but I really like the fact that they don't take up much space. Our guestroom is pretty small so the smaller the furniture the better.
I like the tree trunk tables so much that I decided that I would be willing to pay for some if I could find them. Low and behold Potterybarn carries them!
Sadly, they want $250 a piece for them. Isn't that crazy!!! So, luckily I have a friend from work who lives on a wooded lot whose husband just recently chopped down a few trees. Can you hear my excitement?? On Sunday I ventured over to her house and loaded up three logs that I think are the perfect size and the best part is that they were free!! They are sitting in my garage drying out but eventually I will remove the bark, sand and seal them. I can't wait to see them in the room. Because the logs don't offer much table space, I decided the best option for lighting would be wall lamps. I ordered these yesterday from jcpenny.com at a great price.
The only down side to these lamps is that I don't think they go with the lantern pendent light that we hung a few weeks ago. If I like these lamps when they arrive, I plan on taking down the pendent light and putting something else up that's a little more simple.
Here are a couple of pictures of the room from yesterday morning. The grey pieces that you see are going to be painted white; kind of a reverse from the first picture above of the potterybarn room. They are currently grey from the primer.
Since these pictures were taken Daniel has gotten seven more rows up so we are about 3/4 of the way through. Hopefully it will get finished this coming weekend.
On a different note, look at this cutie. Also notice the red fruit snack between her teeth :)
Daniel dressed her this particular morning and I was so impressed. I wouldn't have paired the navy shoes with this outfit but I think they look really good. What great fashion sense my hubby has!!
Yes the pants are a little on the big side. 2T doesn't quite fit yet but her 18-24 month pants are high waters. These are way too long so we had to give her the Michael Jackson roll.












2 comments:
I love the wood wall! Looks good so far. Too crafty! We need to get the girls together! Ally has another ear infection right now. bummer!
Poor Ally! Is this her first infection since the tubes were put in? We definitely need to get together. I'll give you a call.
Post a Comment