I really like my bonus room curtains, but I've never liked the fact that we hung them too low. I struggled with the arched window up top and originally decided to hang the rod at the top of the square part of the window but below the arch. However, after doing all of the work, I really didn't like it but I got the evil eye from Daniel when I suggested re-doing everything. So, I've just lived with it until now.
Here is a picture of where the curtains used to hang. It's not a great picture but at least you get the idea.
A couple of days ago, I talked Daniel into moving them up to the ceiling for me. I was immediately pleased, however, the curtains were way too short.
What to do.........????
I happened to have some fabric that matched perfectly hidden away in a closet that I had originally intended to use for kitchen curtains. I got out some straight pins and went to work pinning the fabric to the bottom of the existing curtains.
Here is what it looked like after I pinned everything. I didn't want to sew until I knew that I liked the way it looked.
I thought it looked great so I got out my sewing machine and sewed the fabric in place. I like the way they turned out and think it was a great alternative to buying new curtains.
5 comments:
they look awesome! nice work!
They look great!
You obviously inherited Mom's inginuity!
Love you,
Dad
Thanks Jenae and Dad! Dad, you are right about mom but you fail to give yourself any of that credit. You are pretty ingenious yourself. Love you!
You need your own TV show, I should also thank you for inspiring Melissa. I have a feeling our house is gonna be decked out when I get back.
Thanks Dave! I saw that Melissa is getting things all spruced up at the Jarnot household! The dresser that she just finished looks great. I hope you're doing well over there. We all need to get together when you get home.
Post a Comment