The day after the wedding, we decided to explore the sights of Annapolis. Our hotel was located right in the heart of downtown Annapolis, and I have to say, I may have chosen the wrong academy to attend. Just kidding! I will always be happy I chose West Point but I don't think the midshipmen realize how lucky they are to have such a great city right outside their gates.
Before heading out to Annapolis, we headed to my Aunt Elaine's house for breakfast and to say goodbye to some relatives who were leaving. Then Claire tucked Elmo in next to Grammy and we were ready to head to Annapolis.
This is the harbor area right outside the gates of Annapolis. It's so beautiful!
My sister Haley, brother-in-law Jason and their two little ones Sofia and Scarlett.
Because Daniel couldn't be with us on this trip, I took advantage of some mommy daughter pictures.
Gigi and Claire Bear.
The houses in the historic part of Annapolis are stunning. Most of them are row houses and all of them are very colonial, complete with window boxes and colonial style paint.
After touring Annapolis, we headed to my Uncle Paul and Aunt Lotta's house for dinner. Here is a picture of mom and Aunt Lisa enjoying a cosmo.............mom's first!
They just recently completed a renovation on their house and patio area and it is now complete with an amazing pizza oven. I want one!
Uncle Paul manned the oven. We had pizza as an appetizer and the main dinner included seared tuna steaks and beef tips. It was all very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment