For the month of June, I signed Claire up for swim lessons and gymnastics at Ft. Rucker. Compared to other posts, Ft. Rucker offers a large amount of activities for youth. I think this is mainly because it's a smaller post so it is easier for them to manage the amount of children that are wanting to be involved in activities. Either way, Claire did swimming lessons every day for two weeks and gymnastics once a week for four weeks.
Swim lessons were fun but I think Claire was a little bored. The level of swimming that they teach 3 year olds involves skills such as blowing bubbles and putting your face in the water. Claire has willingly put her face under the water since she was one. The class was more about getting familiar with the water than swimming. Either way, it was nice to have a reason to get out of the house every morning and Claire still had fun with the other kids. Most days we headed to the post pool after swim lessons to practice actual swimming. I'm proud to say that Claire is swimming! We try not to wear floaties in the pool as long as I'm in the pool with her and she can swim from the side of the pool to me....................usually about 10-15 feet. She's doing really well and I'm a very proud momma.
Claire really enjoyed her gymnastics class too. She's pretty fearless when it comes to most things and gymnastics was no exception. It was fun to watch her run the obstacle course and do the rings and the uneven bars. She really had a good time and I definitely want to sign her up for future lessons. It's definitely good exercise for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment