While Erin and I were busy with all of our crafts, I decided to make something fun for Claire to play with too. I had seen an idea for texture boxes on a blog that I follow and thought it would be a great idea for Claire. Erin is also a kindergarten teacher and she said that she has texture boxes in her room at school and that they are a great learning tool for little ones. So I picked up a rubbermaid storage box at Lowes and then headed to Publix to buy 20lbs. of rice.
Pour the rice into the box, add some funnels and measuring cups and it's fun for hours!
Look at my barbie's castle!!!
Of course, there is always a mess to clean up afterwards. I usually make her play with it on the porch and then I can just sweep it off into the grass.
The idea is to change up the textures in the box every month or so. I think I'll use dry beans or macaroni in August. So much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment