Friday, January 1, 2010

Mommy's New Toy

Santa was good to everyone in the Hubert household to include me. He brought me a new Cannon EOS Rebel XSI camera and also a new 50mm lens that I've been wanting. I definitely need some practice using all of the new features that come with this amazing camera but I'm sure I will eventually figure it out. Even without knowing all of the ins and outs of the camera, the picture quality is great!


Here are some practice shots that I took in the house. These were both taken without a flash. One of the neat features of the lens is that you can focus up close or far away. Notice in the first picture I'm focused on the plant and in the second picture the plant is blurry and I'm focused on the furniture.





Pretty neat if you ask me. Also, notice that Christmas is now a thing of the past in our house. We spent most of the day on New Year's Eve taking all of the decorations down. It's back to business as usual and it feels good to have that task done for 2009. Here's to 2010!!

No comments: