I love this time of year! It seems like the time of year that my creative juices start flowing with ideas for holiday decor. Next on the list is Halloween. I know it's still a month and a half away, but I got an early start this year. Here are a couple of craft projects that I took on last week. First, I'll start with the what I call my "Halloween Silhouette Project." I bought a couple of frames at Goodwill for $1.25 each that looked like this:
Using some spray paint that I already had, I sprayed them and let them dry for a couple of hours.
I searched online for some Halloween silhouettes and found four that I liked. I printed them off on heavy card stock and framed them in the two frames that I bought along with some that I already had. This is the finished product. I still want to add some color to the table but I really like the simplicity of it.
Next, it was time for some mantle decor. This year I decided to do a "Spooky Garland." I made these letters using Photoshop. For those of you who want to make them I can send you the file that you can use to print your own letters. Just let me know if you want them.
Next I mounted them on decorative paper and black card stock.
They ended up looking like this.
Finally, I punched holes in them and used black ribbon to hang them on the mantle.
Claire likes the spiders hanging from the ends more than anything else.
So there you have it. Some quick Halloween art. I have a couple other projects in mind that I will share with you later.
On a different note, I am really starting to enjoy sewing. I really don't have great skills and I have no idea how to follow a pattern. I just see pictures of things and try to mimic what I see. I attended a friend's baby shower this past weekend and thought I'd try my hand at making her some frilly burp cloths. I also covered a travel size wipe case with fabric to match. I had fun making everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment