For those of you who get Ballad Designs magazine, I'm sure you've seen these pendant lights. I've had my eye on them for months but am not willing to pay $200 for them.
A couple of weeks ago I was at TJ Maxx and found this lantern for $14.99. It's almost the exact shape and design as the Ballad Designs pendant light. I bought it, brought it home, and asked Daniel to work some magic. The first thing he did was cut the bottom square out of the lantern so that light would shine through the bottom.
Next, we purchased a pendant light kit at Lowes. The top of the lantern already had a hole big enough to run the light through but Daniel had to fabricate a piece of metal to hold the light in place. He used the scrap metal from the bottom that he cut out to make the piece and then used epoxy to hold the piece in place.
All we had left to do was hang it in the guest bedroom. I really like how it turned out and you can't beat the $30 price tag. I hesitated posting these pictures because these were taken before I cleaned the glass. Please try not to notice all of the fingerprints and grime on the glass. The room is far from being complete but we are slowly getting there.







2 comments:
You have a fun award over on my blog!
As always, wow. and I'm jealous.
Post a Comment