Last Thursday I flew to San Antonio to spend six days with my new neice. Scarlett is such a great baby and I had so much fun holding her and feeding her. She is so good natured and really only gets upset when she's hungry. Haley and Jason take care of her at night by taking shifts and I was able to take a couple of shifts while I was there to help them get some sleep. She is such a cutie!
She's also really strong. Look at how well she holds her head up when you put her on her tummy.......and she's only 3 weeks old!!
I also had fun playing with my other two neices, Sofia and Tanner. Sofia is Scarlett's big sister but only by 14.5 months. Needless to say Haley and Jason have their hands full. Sofia is a sweetie but like most toddlers, is into everything. You have to watch her constantly.......she keeps you on your toes for sure!
Tanner is the oldest of the grandkids and is also a lot of fun. She talks so much and her vocabulary has grown so much since I saw her last at Thanksgiving. We had fun playing together. As you can see below, she enjoyed taking a ride on the catapillar and my knees are paying for it today :)
In addition to keeping busy with the kiddos, Haley put me to work in her bedroom. We gave it a complete make-over from top to bottom. Thursday night we picked out a rug so that we had a color pallet and also picked a chandalier to replace the existing ceiling fan. Friday we spent the entire day shopping for fabrics and accessories. Juli and Tanner went with us and we had a great girl day out! As we've gotten older it seems that we look more and more alike. We've been asked if we were triplets before but Friday we set a new record............6 different people asked us that very question!?!?!?! In almost every store we went to someone asked us that question.........crazy! Saturday we put the boys to work on a new headboard. Jason built a frame to slide completely over the existing headboard to that we could still use their bed. Then we added 2" foam and covered it in fabric. I love the classic look and the fact that it's 5" thick. We also painted the walls a cream color. Originally they were a chocolate brown. We made drapes to hang high on either side of the large window and hung them using towel rods instead of curtain rods. Clinton and Jason also made a cornice that we covered in matching fabric to hang over the smaller window. Juli and I scored big at Goodwill and walked out with four bags of accessories and a side table that we bought for $7.99. We spray painted the table white and also sprayed some lamps that Haley already had that we used on her nightstands. We found a bunch of gold frames at Goodwill for .99 cents and some white plates for .49 cents. I found a large gold frame at Hobby Lobby that had been marked down from $80 to $27 and it served as the center piece over the bed. We also created a sitting area in the room so that Haley has a place to rock Scarlett at night. We (me and Jason) also convenced Haley that a flat panel TV would look much better hanging on the wall than the bulky armoire that housed their existing TV. All in all the room turned out great. It's so bright and inviting and we all had fun putting it all together. Here are some pictures of the new room. Unfortunatly I forgot to take before pictures.
The only thing we didn't have time to finish was hiding the cords to the TV in the wall. I'm sure Jason will get that done soon!!












3 comments:
OMG seriously you need to be an interior decorator!!! Scarlett is a cutie also. Looks like you had a great trip!
I LOVE my new room! It's awesome! Thanks so much for everything...you're the best big sister ever! Miss you already.
Haley I'm glad you like your room. I guess I don't have much competition in the "best big sister" catagory but I'll take it :) I love you bunches and miss you so much. Give the babies kisses from me. Love you!
Post a Comment